Inspiring change architect with five-year track
record in corporate database/GIS/web project management, seven years' public
service, and two years' consulting experience, seeks immediate e-business, e-commerce or GIS project involvement. Proven success with large organization / tool changes meeting customer expectations.
Paul Martin Suckow
123 S Millport Circle
The Woodlands, TX
immediate e-business or e-commerce project business mgt
- Tactician Micro-Marketing advanced user / Buttons script developer /
Mapscape on-line GIS,
- MapInfo / MapBasic scripting,
- ESRI ArcView / Avenue scripting,
- Error-free integration of external and internal databases,
- User experience with NeuroCorp NeuroLocator,
- Financial analysis of project alternatives,
- Real estate transactional benchmarking / metrics development,
- Tools/staff expense-budget detail planning and tracking,
- Multiple vendor bid / negotiations / contracting,
- Experience satisfying large, decentralized work groups and multiple
- Leadership style is energetic, enthusiastic, and communicative regarding
goals, inclusive and supportive regarding team.
- Working Knowledge of Corporate and Residential Real Estate Practices
- Working knowledge of local/county/state/federal government, public and
private grant seeking.
- Project management experience with DHTML (ASP) and related technologies.
- Expertise in location/demo-/psycho-graphic data applied to real estate
site and market analysis.
- Familiarity with MS Windows 95, 98, NT operating systems.
- Trained advanced user of MS Office Pro apps.
- Tireless in pursuit of new possibilities.
- Best work in project/activity startup phases.
Recent Work Experience
- Sr. Real Estate Analyst
1998 to Present
Employer: Equiva Services,
LLC (Shell, Texaco, Saudi Aramco)
Manager: Michael Hanley, Manager Asset
Houston, TX USA
- ACTIVITIES: real estate business lead, three major projects in 15
- AMPS start-up: development of a proprietary web-based Intranet portal
for real estate proposal data and project milestones.
- RPS Pilot rollout: field-validation of external and corporate data
inputs to an integrated neural network/ GIS application. Produced outputs to
advanced Excel economic modeling developed with Mercer consulting.
- BSC: company-wide Corporate/Workgroup strategy/tactics alignment.
- RESULTS: With 1999 department expenses at 40% of first-year budget,
web-based application enabled quadrupled effort by 40 RE reps. Contributions
helped 1999 property sale proceeds exceed plan.
- GIS Development Coordinator
1995 to 1998
Employer: Little Caesar
Manager: Michael Atwell, VP Real Estate
- ACTIVITIES: Researched, recommended, created, integrated and managed
corporate Geographic Information System for site analysis, marketing and
- RESULTS: Substantial GIS investment paid for itself in under one year,
continuously profitable. Instrumental as data manager for Key Alliance with
Kmart Corp., which generated $60+M new retail profits while avoiding any
franchise infringement lawsuits, an improbable outcome without my GIS.
- Community Development Specialist
1993 to 1995
Employer: City of
Manager: Owen Winnie, City Planner
- PRIOR CAREER in urban redevelopment included early adoption of GIS tools
(MapInfo), grant, proposal and plans. Bid solicitations, environmental
review, project / contract management totalling $3 MM federal block grant
funds, relocation, demolition, site prep.
- City Planner
1989 to 1993
Employer: City of Muskegon Heights,
Manager: Peter Sartorius, Director
Muskegon Heights, MI
- PRIOR CAREER in urban design/redevelopment included early adoption of
GIS tools (Atlas GIS), grant, proposal and general/special plan drafts and
presentations at city meetings, interdepartmental and intergovernmental
liaisons. Successfully secured HUD and Dept of Justice funding, helped city
win three state-wide planning awards in 1991.
- Associate Urban Designer
1986 to 1988
Employer: McKenna Associates,
Manager: Phil McKenna, Owner
Detroit, MI USA
- PRIOR CAREER in urban design included grant, proposal and
general/special plan writing; drafting/rendering drawings; and presentations
at city meetings for Southeast Michigan planning consultant clients, from
Bay City to Dearborn MI. Was resident Lotus 123 expert. Remember DOS vs.
Professional Activities / Organizations
- AFFILIATIONS 9/1/1999 Fall Internet World Convention, Javits Conference
- 4/1/1999 - Present International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Member
- 7/1/1996 - Present GeoBusiness Association Charter Member
- 4/1/1992 - 4/1/1998 URISA Urban and Regional Information Systems Assoc.
- 1/1/1988 - 1/1/1996 American Planning Association Member
- 6/1/1986 - 6/1/1993 MSPO Michigan Society of Planning Officials Member
Honors and Achievements
- April 30, 1999: Pinnacle "Accolade" Award for Customer Focus and
Excellence in early AMPS web-app implementation.
- August 26, 1999: International WHO's WHO of Information Technology,
- M.S. in Urban Design, 1984 to 1986
University of Michigan School
of Architecture and Urban Plng
GPA: (Overall) 3.62
- B.S. in Architecture, 1982 to 1984
- Associate in Liberal Arts, 1980 to 1982
Concordia College, Ann
- High School Diploma in College Prep, 1976 to 1980
- Seeking permanent or contract, part-time or full-time positions.
- Available immediately.
To Contact me, send e-mail to email@example.com